Monday 20 January 2014

Colchester Zoo

Spent a wonderful day at one of my favourite zoo's today. I completely agree with the writer John Burroughs who declared, 'I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.' Four hours after arriving, I too, left feeling nothing but an incredibly calm.

On the way home, I thought of the Red Pandas and just how adorable they are. I thought of the Chimp who managed to stealthily creep up out of sight and then bang on the glass just where my camera was, and scare the life out of me! I swear I could hear him laughing. And then I thought of the lone dik dik-the smallest of antelopes, wide-eyed, shyly approaching his water bowl, in a field of noisy cranes, fully aware of everyone watching, and wondering whether he'd be brave enough. He was. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment