Tuesday 10 December 2013

Emperor Penguins

I spent a whole hour charging up my camera batteries, so I could takes lots of pictures today and then spent another hour driving to the Cotswold Birdland Park and Garden which is the only place apparently in the UK where you can see Emperor Penguins, only to find on arrival their was a problem with my battery connections and I couldn't take a single picture-at least not with my decent camera. All I had as a back-up was my mobile phone and a small, cheap, compact camera. 

Still, they didn't turn out too bad did they? How could they not? Emperor Penguins are the most amazing creatures. Spending months huddled together in pitch darkness, without any food, during the seemingly endless blizzards of an Antarctic winter, trying to keep the egg they have balanced on their feet warm has got to win anyone's admiration. Even if they do walk like old men!

No comments:

Post a Comment